The next project, cafe racer or streetfighter

Noise
This post is 3093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks buddy.

Yer they are a good little bike i haven't had a proper ride on her yet as im still waiting on some new parts to arrive from Hong Kong so cant really say exactly how good they really are.

Just re-skinned the seat the other night so that looks nice and new now.

• 8 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, has this been finished, i just got a 92 model, of which will most likely do the same at one stage..

would like to see some more photos..

Questions :

1) Did the Honda Fireblade shock fit - (what year model)

2) any modification required

3) What else was required to make it fit (needs spacers etc)

hi, has this been finished, i just got a 92 model, of which will most likely do the same at one stage..

would like to see some more photos..

Questions :

1) Did the Honda Fireblade shock fit - (what year model)

2) any modification required

3) What else was required to make it fit (needs spacers etc)

Hi Buddy, yer this has been finished but soon sold it on as it was a complete dick of a bike and no matter how many times i looked and fixed the motor it just never ran right. Not sure what year the blade shock came from as it was a freebee from a mate who had it spare for his old track day bike

The blade shock did fit with very little modification:

Up in the spine of the frame (under the seat by your bollocks) is where the stock shock fits, in there is two washers that they used to gusset the bolt hole, these need to be removed (angle grinder done the trick) this will then let the blade shock fit in the hole

You can then bolt the shock to the frame and swing arm.

Once its in you will then have to measure and get someone to spin up some spacers to go over the bolts to stop the shock from having any sideways play both at the top and bottom.

And thats it, job jobbed

Edited by Noise