New type of bike security

finnerz89
This post is 3608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just seen this on fb.

rezuja7y.jpg

Thinking of ordering a few, anyone want some? Haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes please send me a bucket load, :biglaugha:

Only a matter of time before the scrotes start taking anteaters with them when they are out on the prowl

• Like 1

Well in the absence of killer ants, I used this before his battery expired

oup3.jpg

Probably a more practical option jimmy

Just found an 1995 XTZ660 Tenere lying in the long grass where I walk my dogs. Looks like ants or a Rottie would have been of some use to its owner, steering lock broken and ignition barrel missing. Reported to GMP who couldn't have sounded more disinterested had they been trying.

That's a shame, never nice to see a bike like that. What's going to happen if it's not claimed?

A GMP officer has just rung to say that as it's Friday night and they're busy dealing with the general lowlife it's not high on their list of priorities. I'd have tried to secure it when I saw it earlier but as I had my three idiotic Newfoundlands with me it wasn't practical. I'm off out now with a torch, spare padlock & chain to hopefully stop it getting re-stolen. Fortunately it's fairly well hidden where it was abandoned. Shame as it looked to be in good order apart from theft damage. Just been taxed as well so I can't see it being left unclaimed.

Funny because some drunk joyriders on a Friday night would be very high on their priorities list.

• 3 weeks later...

Could've used the ants a few weeks back. Some waste of DNA decided to nick my YBR from outside my house. Cheeky gits only managed to get it 80 yards up the road, rear wheel was chained up so they were struggling along the road with the back lifted off the ground when Old Bill randomly drove past and made them poop their pantaloons.

Trouble is, instead of walking 30secs down the road and knocking on my door, Old Bill decided to get it recovered to a shark 5miles away. I then had the pleasure of buying it back from them for £150, complete with damage that I can only assume was caused in the recovery itself. Fairing was smashed and handlebars bent from being dropped, but the luggage rack being all dented in from the top can only have been them chaining it down to the truck.

C'est la vie...

It's now chained securely to the house, with a disc lock on the front too. Lesson learned...

Trouble is, instead of walking 30secs down the road and knocking on my door, Old Bill decided to get it recovered to a shark 5miles away.

Twats, I am very pro police but in this instance they could have been more helpful.

Twats, I am very pro police but in this instance they could have been more helpful.

Yeah, likewise. I deal with the Police every day in work, and they're generally a good bunch. Not at 1am on a Sunday morning though, apparently.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online