New boy here ( but an old 'ish man )

inpar
This post is 3648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

By "ish " I meant 57 ....

Hello to all and each . I'm returning to the world of biking after a lull of about oooooh 30 odd years or so .

I used to commute from Swansea to Bristol daily on a Pan European, wonderfull !

I recently underwent a life changing experience .. renal failure ! ... I came out of that and thought " sod it !, life is short, I'm gonna have some fun and enjoy myself "

Foolishly I thought I was still 30 odd years old and bought myself a Pan ! Wrong decision , lovely as it was I had to admit it was too much bike for me, I no longer had the physical or mental ability to handle one of these ... so I bought it on a Friday, and sold it on the Sunday.

I'm now the proud owner of an xvs 650 dragstar, 97 , 15,200 ish miles ... black and shiney and beautifull.

What a lovely shape these bike are !.

I had confidence on this bike immediately, centre of gravity etc etc, so when I eventually convince my wife to " come along " It'll all be ok ... hmmmm

I'll be back soon and look out for rides and chat etc.. keep smiling.

Dave.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Dave, Welcome to the YOC mate, glad your ok now and back in the saddle so to speak, hope you enjoy you stay with us as it's always nice to meet new folks, lot's of good guys and girls on here and a few owners of the XVS I think. :wavey:

:welcome:

Hi and welcome! That's not old - you've not got your bus pass yet :)

Hi

The 650 Draggy is a good choice as you have found, I am not far off reaching your age and too find the Draggy easy to handle and the wife enjoys going on the back although she did insist on a sissy bar/backrest.

Hey there and welcome inpar! Ride the hell out of 'er!

And post some piccies in the gallery when you get the chance!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online