Fitting electric start into dt engine

dan28
This post is 3780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an old dt engine I. Planning on rebuilding

I also have a dtre engine with electric start

I ve been advised that to fit the electric start into the other engine it's quite a bit of work engine case needs milling an the crank an flywheel from the dtre needs to be used

That said

I have both engines here

Can anyone give me any advice on doing the mod

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry, your nuts. Why saddle an engine with all the extra work.

Crack on if you must but its lots of money/time for nothing. Be interesting to watch but I have never had my leg not work due to a bad battery.

The re engine is only suitable for spares

The dt engine works but I would like to rebuild it before I use it

An I thought as the engine would be rebuilt May as we'll fit the leccy start while I at it

The re engine is only suitable for spares

The dt engine works but I would like to rebuild it before I use it

An I thought as the engine would be rebuilt May as we'll fit the leccy start while I at it

If you really must we can and will help if we can. Its by no means the daftest idea put up. Its just those starters generate a lot of torque. You may be doing more than you thought to get it to work. Not to mention the associated electrical needs, incuding charging, battery etc.

If you are to lazy to kickstart a small cc bike, when you want to start it pretend to some passer by that you have hurt your leg and ask if they will kickstart it for you. A lot easier than doing any conversion.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online