yamaha chappy

chappynam
This post is 3783 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys.

I found the old chappy in my granny in laws garage. I managed to get it running and it runs really well. I don't know anything about bikes but it runs. there are 2 problems with it though. the first being that after running for a while it looses oompf and won't go anymore then it has to sit for a day or 2 before it will start again. is it a heating problem? the 2nd problem I have is that my kickstarter is super dodgy. I think it was broken and then welded back on. now the weld is starting to break and the kickstarter is rubbing against the exhaust. any ideas on how to fix it? I spoke to a friend and he said you can't just weld on a new piece I would have to strip the engine and work on only the kickstart. any help would be greatly appreciated guys. thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probably not many folk familiar with this model. Can you post a pic of the offending item

Hi Chappy" is it welded to the shaft,? or is it the stem thats broke,,, picys needed, :photo2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online