Old "Newbie"

Oldcoot
This post is 3641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy!

Decided to come over from the Honda site to keep up with some Yamaha topics. Selling the Honda and am rejuvinating a 1978 DT100 with 1060 miles on it. Barn find and it looks like it will slick up well. All I have to do is dismantle a few parts (carb, mainly.) It has been sitting in a barn for 21 years with GAS IN IT! I know the job I will be facing in getting all the crud out of the carb and tank.

Anyway, I'm 81 and have been riding since I was 12. Lots of bikes and scooters down the road that I have barked my knuckles on.

Gerald

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome on :welcome: at 81 you might be the oldest member,like I always say I'll stop riding when they pry my cold dead body off the bike,seems you think that way too.Is your avatar a picture of you?

:welcome:

Welcome on :welcome: at 81 you might be the oldest member,like I always say I'll stop riding when they pry my cold dead body off the bike,seems you think that way too.Is your avatar a picture of you?

Ha ha....nope. That is my Grandfather's picture from 1914. He carried Rural Delivery mail on his old Harley. My whole male family rode bikes.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks all for the welcome. By the way, fired up the 100 yesterday after digging all the crap out of the carb. Smoked like a steam engine until all the old oil, etc burned out of the exhaust system. Now on to polishing and cleaning.

Gerald

Hi gerald ,, :welcome: , great intro,,and great stories ,,,,get a piccy of the DT on here , :photo2: ,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as soon as I can get my brain to figure out how to post a pic on here I will do that.

Finished cleaning up the little beast and it looks quite good. The rubber is good, no weather

cracks and the seat looks like new and it starts easily now.

Time to pass it on to the grandkids....with their parents permission of course.

Gerald

hey young man welcome :spin2: the internet is like everything else now days ... a breeze if you 7 years old !!!

Bleeding Ell Gerry, fantastic intro and I thought I, amongst others was old on here but you must be the most senior and I take my hat off to you, so I salute you.

As suggested in earlier comments we would love a few photos of you and your bikes.

You've now tickled our taste buds now Gerald.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online