On a Mission to Goat Mtn.

YamaHead
This post is 6648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went out for a spin with RoadRash & Camas from http://www.trailpilgrim.com today.......Our mission, which we chose to accept, was to get as close to the lookout towers @ the top of Goat Mtn, as we could. We went out through some nice twisties in the country & came across a road-block.....but as usual, 2-Wheels Prevail! B)

IMG_0304_0010.jpg

So what's all the fuss about?....Hell, there's still one good lane left! :blink:

IMG_0300_0006.jpg

That road had quite a bit of debris left from the recent rain & winds...not to mention there wasn't ANY traffic on it! :P

IMG_0302_0008.jpg

We then made our way up into part of the Mt. Hood Nat'l Forest where Goat Mtn. resides....

Right about here is when Camas decides to have a look @ his watch (which RR & I found out later was incorrectly timed :rolleyes: ) & said "Would ya look @ the time....I gotta go.....told the misses I'd be home by now" :unsure:

GoatMtn003.jpg

So we all went just up the hill from there & RR directed him to the nearest HiWay back towards Washington. He & I then continued on, climbing in elevation....till we decided to call it a day right about here.....

GoatMtn005.jpg

Yep....Me & the XT are gettin' kinda used to the white stuff......3rd time this year so far. :thumb:

Look Ma, NO kick stand! :D

IMG_0309_0015.jpg

We then decided to make tracks B) ......

IMG_0312_0018.jpg

GoatMtn008.jpg:thumb:

When I got home I realized it wasn't even 2pm......after RR & I were figuring it to be that before we even headed back down! :unsure: So seeing how I promised my little lad a ride today, we geared back up & went back out to Colton to visit my Sister-In-Law & her kids who happen to live on the very same twisty, road-blocked road I'd already been on! :D

GoatMtn009.jpg

He wanted to climb down in there, but I just didn't feel like having to go retrieve him like I knew I would :rolleyes::D .....

GoatMtn011.jpg

All in all, a good 100 mile day of riding both On & Off Road B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online