anyone here play darts?

shaun_1990
This post is 3812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all, sorry to all mods if this is in the wrong section.

So I started playing darts when I was a young'un with my grandad & have not played for maybe 8-14 years now and after throwing a few nights in the local I'm wanting to start again.

anyway after looking at darts & my grandad not being able to advice me on what to get as his memory is not all there, there is a HUGE choice I am curious if anyone can give me some assistance, I know tungsten are the ones to go for as you can group better but is there any difference between the brands such as harrow/unicorn or are there any form of rule for playing in league's that a player must not have a certain brand? ( Know that one sounds silly but im almost like starting new)

I know my current weight of dart is 26g tungsten but they are battered and I would like a new set.

thanks for any help & again sorry if the wrong thread, any hints and tips would also be welcomed haha

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That brings back memories :eusa_dance:

After tungsten the rest is personal choice. Some like bombs, some slim. Best to feel them before buying.

spend as much time in the pub as you can ,

ask everyone for a few shots :spin2:

also ask to try their darts .

you need to try as many different types as possible then make your own mind up.

i use 31gr have a look at the argos range...

I know at the moment I have slims and they seem to suit me but think I would prefer a longer stem opposed to what I have now

Think if I had a shot I wouldn't get near the board I'll have a look at the Argos range :)

Will look into Daimler cheers pal, need to get myself a couple of boards to so I have no excuse not to practice!!

Shaun

plastercine boards are best , but also expensive .

as for longer / shorter stems . why not keep your old darts and just change the stems ,

you could also change the flights to longer ones for added length .

this wouldn't cost much either .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online