2014 Yamaha SR400

Speedshop
This post is 3729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had the pleasure to meet the new Yamaha SR400 today. We had a photo shoot for a UK bike mag who wanted to compare The New Yamaha SR400 2014 model with a 1980 SR500 at the Speed Shop.
The new 400 is so tractable in traffic, the fuel injection runs sweet. But its an extreme complication to the single cylinder format in my humble opinion..
My observation was that although everyone loved the new SR400 and they complained about the 1980's SR500 brakes and how it felt like an old bike........the old 500 was the one that was ridden many more times then the new 2014 bike and came back with bigger smiles. Draw your own conclusions!
This is Kate, the lady that makes most of the Speed Shop CDi units:
14xf4lk.jpg
iof1o0.jpg
And then me the fugly chap who does the design work:
5o84tk.jpg
A testiment to Yamaha and a good made to last design, 1980 and 2014 models of the same machine.
fejh3m.jpg
And before you ask, Kate can kick start the 400s and ride the edges off the tyres.
She is a little light to kick over the high comp SR500 engines I build but I'm teaching her a technique how to do it because I want my XS650 back

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Class" very nice,,, like the Mags on the old 500 :yeah: . was it the same ratio [ gears] as the XT, ?

Copies of Lester Alloys as supplied with my T140D Special

50_zps82b6dac7.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality picture but it's over 30 year old.

Oh and looking at it, that straight through mega was LOUD