Oil everywhere.........

Cynic
This post is 3822 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Damn output shaft oil seal has let go.... Damn thing, oil on my boots, my waterproofs the rear wheel. bodywork, right bloody mess, pressurised gearbox feed.

Only good bit is ham have conveniently made it easy to change (so it must fail pretty regular) as the seal is held in with a circlip. Just got to track a new seal down. Hopefully off the shelf item.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Free Waterproofer,,,, you must ride behind my triple again,, for a recoating,, :grin:

Yeah I know, thankfully I have the pukka Yamaha TDR 250 workshop manual listing all the parts. That lists the oil seal and circlip as service items.

Off the shelf stuff surprisingly, already on their way from PJME, (well I ordered them tonight).

Just glad it was warm and dry on the ride home, could have got complicated. Especially turning left. Gulp..

Yeah just turning in now, had easy day for once... got to be up at 5

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online