Nearly done fella 1 more problem lol

dsb2014
This post is 3830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1st off just a lil thanks to all the members who have helped me so and thankz on advance for future solutions.

Ive changed my front caliper kept the same pipe from the lever.

The problemo im having os the levers gone solid. Tryed to bleed it bit no joy.

Any ideaz fellaz and galz

:(:angry::wub::blink:>_>:lol::lol:

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So you can't move the lever at all??

What happens when you squeeze the lever and un do the bleed nipple? does the lever go down or just stay solid?

If it stays solid i would think that either the sring in side the master cylinder has snapped or the piston in side the cylinder has jammed.

Other option could be a stick piston in the caliper.

Over haul the Master Cylinder to check that its not the piston thats jammed up (you may need a new Cer clip as it may snap on removal) should only take an hour to do if that.

Well the first thing to do is to determin what part is jamed up take the hose back off at the caliper an see what moves.If the lever moves then the caliper is stuck if not then the master is.

Did you clean the master befor you tried to pump old crapy fluid through it?

when you say that youve changed the front caliper, do you mean youve fitted another caliper, or changed pads

You need to tell us ezxactly what youve done

^^^^^^^ as above ive changed my front caliper used the same pipe and lever pads are the same the only thing ive done is changed the caliper

sounds like the piston in the caliper is seized but you should be able to pull the lever to the bars with the bleed nipple undone though?

The lever litraley wont move

not even a mil

Id say take the hose off the Caliper like Dt502001 said and see if the lever moves. If it does then you know the caliper you bought is shagged. might have some crap clogged up in the holes within the caliper?

Following on from that advice, remove your tank, or at least cover it, then loosen off the banjo union at the master cylinder and try to pump the lever then. Fluid will piss out so make sure your paintwork is protected. If there is still no movement from there then the m/c will need overhauled

One more thing remove the caliper and check to see if the piston will move in and out after you remove the hose,for this you will need compresed air. Put a c clamp on loose so the piston dosent blow right out,and remove the bleed nipple and see if it's clear.

Removing the hose at the caliper will also tell you if the hose is clear,there should be no resistance at the lever with the hose disconectted if there is then the hose has internaly colapsed.

The lever may move when there is no resistace,but if the return port is pluged in the master then it will happen with any caliper,thats why I asked did you clean the master ,old brake fluid can go to jello/paste like substance and plug up the ports

If all youve done is swapped the caliper, and not touched the master cyl, then it sounds like the piston is seized

Was it a new caliper

Did you check the piston slid in and out before fitting

Why did you change the caliper

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online