SORN needed?

John HAannaford
This post is 3835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Vehicles manufactured or registered before 1 January 1973 are classed as historic vehicles and attract a nil rate of duty. However, to ensure that the vehicles are roadworthy and documentation such as MoT and insurance are current, a nil rate tax disc must be displayed in the vehicle. If the vehicle is kept off-road and has not had a licence since 31 January 1998, there is no requirement to declare SORN. However, if the vehicle has held a licence since this date, it is essential that an annual SORN declaration be made.

Damn, I missed this by about 8 months

John

As I understand it, if it has never been declared SORN then you dont have to. However I see no harm in SORNing it as they have done away with the requirement to renew SORN annually

Vehicles manufactured or registered before 1 January 1973 are classed as historic vehicles and attract a nil rate of duty. However, to ensure that the vehicles are roadworthy and documentation such as MoT and insurance are current, a nil rate tax disc must be displayed in the vehicle. If the vehicle is kept off-road and has not had a licence since 31 January 1998, there is no requirement to declare SORN. However, if the vehicle has held a licence since this date, it is essential that an annual SORN declaration be made.

Damn, I missed this by about 8 months

no you havn't, it starts again.

As of April this year 1973 bikes are tax free.

Got £10 back from the recently taxed moped ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online