Diversion problem

cliffj
This post is 3855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just hoping someone can help I just bought a Diversion 600N , 1995 and when I got it the you could not get it into gear . I found the thrust bearing gone so replaced and all ok in that department now .

When I started the bike it sounds like a bag of nails under 2000 rpm , so I have stripped cleaned and balanced the carbs , removed the clutch basket and checked out the gearing drive behind and replaced the drive pin as a precaution.

Has anyone any idea what it could be there are other bikers with the same problem on You tube but no solution as yet .

Many thanks

Clive

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have the XJ 750 and that also has the rattle, it's just how they are, most of the noise comes from the clutch basket and even if you buy a new one it will rattle as well, tho not quite so much, you are just going to have to live with it, if you want quiet then buy ear plugs !!!

are they the same as the pre-divvies?

a mod was to get a mini door roll pin and replace it behind the clutch basket/oil drive. also check the starter drive nut as mine was loose (common apparently)

google on here and it all there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online