sorry to be a pain

dsb2014
This post is 3738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To much fuel not enough air would be my first guess, adjust the air flow and fuel flow.

Clean the carb and reset it. Clean the plug and reset the gap. Check the timing. Leave the plug out for a few hours. Pour a spoon full of 2 stroke oil down the spark plug hole. kick over a couple of times. Pour a spoon of fuel down the spark plug hole, repalce the plug and HT lead and kick the bike over with no throttle.

• 2 weeks later...

well a quick update had to get a new air fuel screw got it fitted OK so iv reset it the carbs been cleaned a new plug and nothing just a good back fire the bike was running fine wen i got it all ive done is put a servo on full dep system new air filter piston and rings and full bottom end rebuild check the plug after a few back fires theirs fuel and oil on it so theirs fuel going through there's good compression and spark so im stumped. check the timing i through dt125r were set and couldn't be changed, im desperate now more than ever as im going to Spain in two weeks for a biking holiday and i need her lol

Pull the nut off the flywheel and check the key hasent spun.

the mag can shear the woodruff and spin on the crank. causing the timing to change

the mag can shear the woodruff and spin on the crank. causing the timing to change

are right i get it now lol. So basically the the fly wheel is not tight on the crank hence it not spinning where it should be cheers fellas i will check today

well today i have had the fly wheel off and took the woodruff key off looks ok. So i took it to my local garage and they said it looks fine. I have put all back together and tried again no joy ive double checked all the rubbers around the carb are fitted tight but still no joy the plugs wet so fuels getting through

Have you removed or loosened the stator plate, (the bit with the coils on in the mag). If so did you put it back EXACTLY where it was to begin with?

If that plate has been put back out of position by more than 3 or 4 mm she will just backfire.

ive had the stator off twice and just put it back where the holes lined up for the bolts i think the timings set with the eletronics and wen ive rebuilt it the balancer cog and the other 1 both have woodruff keys on so they can only be lined up 1 way arrrgggghhhhhhhh

Have you got a haynes manual? Have you got a multimeter? Have you tested all the resistances of the coils both the HT coil and the stator coils, as per the spec in the manual?

If the answer is yes yes yes then maybe the cdi is u/s

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online