xt250 6v 12v Conversion?

bikecrazy100
This post is 3686 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any wiring wizards out there!, Restoring a 81 xt250 bought as a non runner, problems with the wiring etc. I bought a new 6v xt loom, New ecu, 6v coil, switches etc, Now had a look at the stator at the weekend and discovered it's from a sr250, which is obviously 12v, also the reg-rectifier is off a sr250, so don't know, is it best to try and link the stator to the 6v loom or get a new sr 12v loom and start again, is there much differance? any one done this in the past?, any one got a xt250 stator they want to sell?, none on ebay at the moment. Am a little lost at the moment, Any help would be great, Tony.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've never done it, but changing from 6v to 12v is quite common on auld Brit bikes

rex speedshop does a conversion, I'm sure I've seen the ad in classic bike!

member on here too

• 2 weeks later...

Neo ( I think) did a thorough write up of his DT 175 mx 6v - 12v conversion. Worth a look for inspiration

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online