how long until i get log book?

eddiebadboy
This post is 3859 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

got new bike on 4/2/14 a Yamaha XT600E (just like saying that) how long does it take to receive the log book?

its been 21 days now, on yahoo answers someone said it usually takes a couple of weeks & to leave it 6 week before chasing it up if you haven't heard from the DVLA but don't know if this is true

got my mod2 tomorrow but even if I pass cannot tax my new bike (did I mention its a Yamaha XT600E?) because it says not to order one until you get log book or previous owner might get it

by new I mean new to me, 2003 model

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what sort of bike did you get? :eusa_shifty:

dvla are usually quite good, I would give them a ring/email and ask. can't do any harm

do you still have the slip that the seller should have given you when you bought it?

If so, then all you need is the form to apply for a logbook *I THINK* it is called 'Application for a vehicle registration certificate' (v62) - remember i am not 100% sure which form.

When you find the correct form, fill it out as though you were going to send it away to apply for the logbook- take the filled out form along with the slip of the logbook you should have received when buying the bike and show it at the postoffice counter and tell them you want to tax it- they should then tax it no problem! This is what i had to do with the husky because the logbook didn't turn up in the post by the time i needed to tax it (it actually never turned up, i had to send the form and slip of the logbook and hope to god it turned up)

Keep both the papers, if the logbook does not turn up in the post within 4 weeks *I THINK* you can send them both away to apply for the logbook for free as you are a new owner of the bike.

ALSO love the look of the bike- hope to try the newer 600 XT one of these days, had a little go on an old xt500 once. Also my first bike on the road was a XT 125 Big singles are nice and torquey. both of my current bikes are thumpers too!

A couple of weeks at this time of the year. The DVLA turned around both a new bike and a change of owner log books in 2 weeks each.