Oh sugar wtf did I do with it

Tommy xs
This post is 3754 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been tearing my house apart for the last 4 hours looking for my driving licence counterpart but no luck yet, I need it by next Thursday so not much chance of getting a copy by then so I'll just have to think of where I hid last, worst idea ever to have your licence in two half's neither is of little use on its own anyway

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been tearing my house apart for the last 4 hours looking for my driving licence counterpart but no luck yet, I need it by next Thursday so not much chance of getting a copy by then so I'll just have to think of where I hid last, worst idea ever to have your licence in two half's neither is of little use on its own anyway

If you do need the counterpart, the DVLA do it for £20 and it comes quick.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-to-replace-a-driving-licence#other-ways-to-apply

• Like 1

I had to replace my licence* recently, the 10 year rip off, and it took a week for the turnaround so you would be cutting it fine tommy. I have scans of my paper licence for sending off to new insurers etc, dunno know if you have that, or even if they would accept it**.

* I had heard some stories of folk sending off their photo licence and it coming back with no motorcycle entitlement on it and with no proof they had to resit the testing process, luckily I had lost mine and lo and behold I found it soon after my new licence, with the bike on it, arrived, would you credit it.

**Rather than it going to waste, I'm sure me or one of the other 'scotch lads' could turn up for you :whistle::whistle:

Tommy I keep a copy of my licence under the seat of the bike "just in case" have you looked there? If not there how about in the glove box of the car, always a favourite.

If you do need the counterpart, the DVLA do it for £20 and it comes quick.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-to-replace-a-driving-licence#other-ways-to-apply

thanks for the link, think it would have worked except my passport is more than five year's old so can't do it that way

Typical scouser " own up , your on a life ban,,,, :grin:

Ha ha ha!

Typical scouser " own up , your on a life ban,,,, :grin:

Ha ha Its the only thing I have that's clean John

oops hope mrs XS doesn't see this

Well I've run out of place's to look, looks like I'm fooked

going to give Clive at Motoscotland a call in the morning but don't hold out much hope, It say's on the website I need both parts of my licence and friday is the last day I was allowed to go (terms of competition)

I'll see if he'll let another YOC member go in my place, if anyone is interested PM me, Ive also booked one night at the Argyll hotel in Inveraray can still cancel that for free till tomorrow though,was planning to visit my sister in Oban for the second night but that's not on offer to any of you lot.

Still not found it, so I called Clive to tell him the bad news, he doesn't think it will be a problem, I just need to call DVLA and get them to send me confirmation by email or fax that I have an up to date licence and even if they won't he said to just bring the DVLA phone number and he'll speak to them when i Get there, so all's good I'm ready to go.

Wahoooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

Still not found it, so I called Clive to tell him the bad news, he doesn't think it will be a problem, I just need to call DVLA and get them to send me confirmation by email or fax that I have an up to date licence and even if they won't he said to just bring the DVLA phone number and he'll speak to them when i Get there, so all's good I'm ready to go.

Wahoooooooooooooooooo

good news, like the scout saying, Be Prepared

Well done mate...Result.

Suppose it's just like hiring a van. If you forget the paper part, my local van hire mob call DVLA and charge you £2.50 for the privilege.

yes Jim I wish I knew that before I demolished my house over the weekend. Im now doing the 2 day course so wont be traveling home till sunday, is it still ok to drop in ?

Good news tommo. Mind the waterproofs , rains every day up here, just dosn"t flood . as the ground has been shaped to run off .

thru millions of years of rain,, :yeah:

• Like 1

I know you have not time to wait for Swansea to get things posted to you, but having read in the MCN about people loosing their driving entitlements on their licences when they have to change details or add info, I called the DVLA and got them to send me a print of my driving licence entitlements, once I received this I scan copied my original licence and sent the original to them to be updated, I know they probably would still weasel out of any errors on their part but it gave me a bit more confidence to have a bit more proof.

Good news tommo. Mind the waterproofs , rains every day up here, just dosn"t flood . as the ground has been shaped to run off .

thru millions of years of rain,, :yeah:

just hope there's no snow I remember the first time I saw snow poles lining the road up there, I didn't have a clue what they were

cos' it was summer I asked one of the locals and they told me its so you know where road is when it snows, I thought some thieving scouser had nicked the street lamps :crazy:

I know you have not time to wait for Swansea to get things posted to you, but having read in the MCN about people loosing their driving entitlements on their licences when they have to change details or add info, I called the DVLA and got them to send me a print of my driving licence entitlements, once I received this I scan copied my original licence and sent the original to them to be updated, I know they probably would still weasel out of any errors on their part but it gave me a bit more confidence to have a bit more proof.

yes I'll copy my plastic if I need to send it off also still have copy of my old licence

yes Jim I wish I knew that before I demolished my house over the weekend. Im now doing the 2 day course so wont be traveling home till sunday, is it still ok to drop in ?

Kinda forgot about the licence part.

Yes its more than ok mate. I'm nights on Saturday and off Sunday so I'll be up anyway mate. Just gies a call when you're at Dunoon and I'll meet you at this end mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online