Anyone manage to get out today?

drewpy
This post is 3662 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can you give some tips to foamy?

I could but I wouldn't wish to get the blame for any posts that may appear if I did!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You know sometime is good to be a little bit older..

Riding home last night I stopped alongside a dt. Im a bit fed up with the rain.

He had an open face lid, normal clothes, trainers and no gloves. Think he was really pissed by it.

• 2 weeks later...

what a day,brilliant.

took the Gilera out to Lymm Dam about 40 miles in all. Bike ran a dream and glad I had that front brake too

1794709_10202870473457431_270880861_n.jp

Terry Waite's local church in the background BTW

• Like 1

yep not far were we meet for stafford

talking of Stafford, John Surtees is there in April

10169319_817046181642945_104245784_n.jpg

I took the thermals out in February and had jeans on this morning but still cold. Brrrrrrr.

Nice to see some dry roads this morning. A few bikers out to play on my ride to work so I could give the FZ a bit of a work out.

• Like 1

I've been wearing jeans for the past few days, going for the jacket liner removal today I think

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We've had quite a mild winter this year. Very wet, but mild in comparison to recent years.

I stayed in kevlar jeans all throughout it and kept the thermal liner out of my jacket. Just been wearing winter socks (knee high), my jeans, two cycling base layers and bike jacket. Only struggled on a couple of trips where I had to crunch miles on the motorway (over 200) so the wind chill ended up getting to me. Wore a fleece to try and help but it didn't do much in all honesty.

Needless to say I'm saving up for a better kit, but for now my collection of basic protection, old cycling gear and light waterproofs have seen me through.

Understandably my current bike has more wind protection when compared with my YBR (plus heated grips), but I consider myself lucky this winter! Enjoyed every minute of the weather and hope we have a cracking 2014.

Indeed - excellent weather compared to previous winters. Only had 3 or 4 mornings when the roads were a little slippy. Re kit - there were a couple of days I slipped the elvis onesie on under the leathers!

Yeah I moaned about the wet but it was a hell of a lot better than having to ride in the snow!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It would have been a criminal waste if I hadn't ridden my bike on a day like this.

A few pics from deepest Hampshire:

13042014-2_zpsa03f1d21.jpg

13042014-5_zps4ce0fa69.jpg

13042014-7_zps1d9bdd49.jpg

13042014-3_zps7e509f90.jpg

I managed to get out for a few hours, but it was bloody freezing

I managed to get out for a few hours, but it was bloody freezing

Where are you?

I had beautiful blue skies, bright sunshine and I baked in my bike gear.

I did not manage to get out on the bike today which saddens me :( however I did get out in the car and move out of the way of lots of bikes (being a kind fella) made me jealous though! ill be out next week!