Swap custom brake for classic. Is it possible?

wakeupgeoff
This post is 3871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a clevver lever but didn't realise it is the fat lever for the 650 classic. So have to order a classic clutch perch for it to fit on my bike, no biggie.

But my brake lever is the skinny, black, custom lever. Trying to find out if the fat classic brake lever will fit on the master cylinder mount. Just to make both sides look the same.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

From pics I have seen on the net, the only difference between the two brake levers is the fat and skinny width of the hand bit. The mount seems to look the same.

Thanks for the help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would be very careful with any brake mod.

I was talking to a friend at work yesterday. She had 2 police knock on her door a couple of days ago asking about a bike her husband owned last year and part exchanged for their current bike. Although the police woudn't go into details, it appears that the bike was involved in a fatal accident with no other vehicles involved. From what she could gather, and this is speculation, the braided hoses fitted to the bike may have been a factor in killing the rider. As I said, the police did not give out any information but did focus on the braided hoses.

Just food for thought.

Would it not be cheaper to just buy new levers, rather than the entire mounts?

That's what im saying, I want to see if the classic brake lever will fit in the custom mount.

But this is because the clevver clutch lever only comes in the classic style, and the only way to fit it to a custom is to have the classic perch on it. So I will have a classic clutch lever and mount. But on the brake will be the custom.

Want to make them the same and hoping I can just swap out the brake lever without changing the master cylinder.

Ahhhhhh, I just saw what you're on about - I've not heard of Clevver before, hence the confusion. I just assumed it was a typo or something! :lol:

Weird... Does this thing work, then?

I've never found problems getting the biting point on a Drag. I just set the lever so it bit when my fingers were at a natural extent, which then let me hold it at feathering-point using just the tension of my joints. Good trick that, actually - The heavier the bike, the better it seems to work, as well.

Personally, I'd reckon you'd need Classic lever mounts on both sides.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online