Back to battle!!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

THE BATTLE-BITCH IS BACK!!!!!

12384060804_bd02e40a96_c.jpg

Up the MoT centre, check over, test stuff, laser-alignment thingumies out and a thorough examination top to tail...

I have a pass certificate, no advisories and a MASSIVE grin on my face!!!

As is the custom, I have a couple of photos to show - Here's what is left of the damaged parts. You may notice stator rotor and pickup, stator cover, entire back end and rear light assembly, indicators, number plate, footpeg, mudguard and the rear wheel:
12383755243_63dc1a6789_c.jpg

The crash bar bore so much impact that it bent in and shattered the thick metal stator cover...
12383785483_e34764c2dd_c.jpg

...and actually bent the stator rotor (which was subsequently used for a spot of welding practice):
12384072114_2a8c282231_c.jpg

Needed a new number plate, so am now proudly sporting this one:
12384069284_3c0a1cf4b5_c.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cracking mate, glad she's bacl on the road and is in healthy condition. :spin2:

Nice to see your back to grin factor 10 Tasky :hyper:, mine will be about soon but glad your up and running mate. Stone me these things can obviously take a hammering just look at that stator cover !!

so, you decide to repair the old one? I was thinking the bike is to damaged to be repaired so the insurance company decide to pay for the bike. the repair cost was less than bike value?

Well done tasky" thats some long bike , like a bussa" :yeah:

It's also quite tall, though. By comparison, you feel like you're belly-surfing on a Busa!

This was one of the first official Sports Tourer bikes... perhaps THE first ever, but don't quote me on that.

The 1100 was designed as a race bike and did nicely, but was way too heavy to flick around in the corners. So Yammie added another 100cc, enlarged everything and made it into a comfy mile muncher. Two further revisions saw numerous innovative concepts, many of which are now standard on bike builds (pivoting engine mounts, lateral frame). This is the final model and the best IMO!!

so, you decide to repair the old one? I was thinking the bike is to damaged to be repaired so the insurance company decide to pay for the bike. the repair cost was less than bike value?

The 'independent' assessor appointed by the 3rd party insurance valued repairs at £3200. This was basically to fix every dent, ding, scratch and pit in every panel, part and screw,

Because of that and because they're lazy wankers, they wrote my bike off and offered £900 for the scrap. I told them to fuck off and they relented to £1800 (twice what I paid for it), minus £270 to buy back the salvage.

I've fixed this up for probably less that £300, including the MoT fee!

There are a few more touches, tweaks and cosmetic repairs needed (you haven't seen the left side yet), but this bike is running smooth, riding safe and fully roadworthy.

The rest of the money was spent on high end PC components.

I could buy a second bike, but the insurance would be a killer!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online