Yamaha Yzf R125 Stolen Now Has Neutral Light Problem

ldog85
This post is 3802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

My bike was stolen and after getting it back it will no longer show the neutral light when in neutral (the light is not broke as it has worked for me once when i was driving it the other day i put it in neutral and it worked) when the light is not working I can not start the bike with the kickstand down even when in neutral gear and the bike will also only start with the clutch is held in. Do you have any advice on what could be the problem?

also I know It goes into neutral because im able to move the bike without holding the clutch and also when starting the bike via holding the clutch in I can let go of the clutch and it will idle for me

Thanks for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI and well done on getting your bike back. What sort of condition is it in? I'm thinking the thieves have tampered with the electrics to start the bike? If they have it may be a problem caused by them. It may be just something simple like a loose connection or a dud bulb. Check all the basics (if you haven't already) and then you can narrow the problem a bit.

hi,

thanks for the reply the bulb on the unit is fine as it does work on the odd time so im thinking its something loose but not sure where to start.

it was in good condish when i got it back they stole my petrol cap snaped the stearing lock and cut the wires to the bikes ignition broke a side panel and bent my brake leaver (last part may have been from them dropping it to the ground)

Sounds like they have done something to the inhibitor wiring which stops the bike going into gear with the stand down or without the clutch engaged. I an not sure but the bike probably has these linked. The lack of neutral light is confusing it. Is all of the wiring they messed with fixed properly as it could be a single earth not connected causing this.

hi,

thanks for the reply

from what the bike garage told me the only wires damaged were on the ignition and they replaced the hole ignition thing for me.

would i be able to find out where the inhibitor wire is from my yamahar service manual? and would this solve the neutral light or is that the issue thats making the inhibitor think different?

thanks

The sevice manual will have a wiring diagram in it (not the owners handbook). The neutral switch is normally just an earth wire, often blue in colour. This connects to the neutral light. It will also connect to any inhibitor. I am not familiar with your bike but often bikes have a single or duel circuit to stop the engine if in gear and with the side stand down. This is often linked to the cluch lever switch. Again I am not sure but normaly one inhibitor can be active only. An owners handbook will explain what inhibitors are fitted and when the bike should start or cut out. It is likely that the bike has a switch on the sidestand and on the clutch. If you have sen the neutral light on a few times I would suggest that there is a dodgy connection in the neutral light circuit to earth. This is often behind the headlight but you really need a wiring diagram to identify what to look for.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the info I have the service manual :] on the wiring diagram i have a number 14.neutral switch or 62. neutral indicator light would that be the best place to start looking then

thanks again for all this help

14, the switch, is normally by the front sprocket in the engine

62 will be the light in the dash.

Is there anything showing the clutch and or sidestand switches and the wiring going back to headlight and ignition?

not that i can tell but i cant work out whats what on the wiring sheet i has the numbers next to parts but it does not show where on the bike the part is :/ (looks like i might have to take it back to the garage and pay them to work it out maybe they will be able to reed the wiring sheet) only reason i didnt let them work it out as they said they didnt know how much it would cost they would have to look at it first and charge me as they go along :/

thanks for the help anyways

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online