1976 dt250 project

greens802
This post is 3741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all my first post, just finishing last project and during a lull awaiting parts looking ahead at dt250. Looking at the id tag on the headstock it has 9/76 but it is clearly a single shock, which my research tells me should be the last year of the twin shock. Engine and chassis numbers match so I don`t think it`s been tampered with. I`ll be looking for all the electrical components as it comes to me wired with no gizzards at all just wired to run (does run) with minimal wires, no battery, rectifier, voltage reg etc. Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi steve" :welcome: your engine/ frame will be 450-500-00 If its a twinshock 1976 . MX were 1M1- 000.

Post up some pics . :photo2:

Thanks, my engine/chassis# is 1R8 000106 I need to know which model it is as the manuals are up to76 or 76 - 79 etc, maybe it is a 76 model (obviously as that is the date stamped on it) but to 77 specs for some reason?

Yeh " well1R7 was the very early Mono-shock DT250, this was even before the DT250D introduced in 1977 ,

Very little info on this model , whats the engine number " :eusa_think:

Edit"

Update, yeh 1R8 , it was the australian models,, Available in Competition Yellow or brick red,,, different carb lights etc from Euro/usa models,

1N6 - was the DT250M . -- japanese model,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online