Oooops did a foamy!

finnerz89
This post is 3882 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dirty, you're a bad influence!......

Too true.

This is the way I see it. Some people want a reliable bike with a solid engine that handles ok and has a little poke. If that was all of us we would all have one bike and it would be a mid cc Honda CB. Gladly some of us want something that may be a little hard to live with.

More and more people are running classic bikes and the ones with limited intellegence, classic 2 stroke bikes. A trip to a classic event with all of the smells and sounds does make people investigate buying a classic or a 2 stroke. Most of us older people, who were brought up on 2 strokes, just love them most of the time and hate them the rest of the time. I took one of the RD's for its MOT the other day and it turned heads. It is not a show winning condition bike, rather tidy and a little tired. People comment and talk to you. To me a modern bike is just that; modern. They have no soul.

With the Gas Gas, and believe me that I have looked at getting one but dont have the inside leg for one, i would get frustrated at having to fill up all of the time but as soon as the tank was full I would be grinning all of the way home.

That is just my view and I may not be right.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That doesn't fill me with confidence haha. To be fair I probably don't do much better on my DT.Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Er, without being too specific riding up with Dirty (ts250) and Andrewelvisfan (sr125) I think I was getting around 70mpg, ocifer....

To follow what DDT said I would happily tolerate all the TDR's quirks, and they are not few. Rather than ride anything modern.

Wherever I go the on TDR or the DT people stop and chat , park it and people walk right past fancy uber fast power ranger stuff to have a look.

The best bit about my bike is its original, including bits fiddled and buggerd about with.

To me that gives it soul. No restorers have steralised it.

No offence DDT

I totally agree with you mate, I love a bike that turns heads.

The 2 bikes I already own weren't exactly sensible purchases but life's too short to plod around on a bike that's no fun to ride, you might as well just drive a car if that's what you want.

I enjoy riding my bike whatever the weather as well, most people don't understand but hey ho their loss.

Did the RD pass?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As for Squires, we normally stop a few times for fuel anyhow as Cynics TDR only has a small tank and range when "enjoyed".

Or used for its slipstream!
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online