YBR250 Engine cases

YBR250guy
This post is 3884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

How hard is it to replace the side engine cases on a YBR250. There are two nearly new ones on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YBR250-Yamaha-righthand-crank-case-cover-/151219391109?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item233560ca85 mine are pretty crap and for a few quid (hopefully) and new gaskets I could get my YBR engine looking like the paint hasn't fallen off.

Is it simply taking care, noting were all the bolts go and refitting everything, or is in much more involved and I need special tools. Any help appreciated. Cheers YBR250guy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why not just take your own cover off sand it down and spray it to look like the one in the advert? you just need to make sure that the wrong bolt does not go in the wrong hole when you reassemble it, usually some are longer than others so make sure to mark them as you take them out !!

Having a think about this and you could just get a piece of cardboard punch holes in it and then put each bolt through in the order they came out, even draw the outline of your case on it and that way you have no problems getting it back together. You should not need any "SPECIAL" tools as such just the right spanner and an oil drain pan to collect the oil, like most bikes you have to drain the oil out before you take the case off, sorry if you knew that already, plus a NEW gasket when you reassemble it, should take about an hour to take it off and replace it plus however long it takes you to respray the case of course.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online