wrong details on fine

robertdtr
This post is 3887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello was stopped and given a nip for doing an illegal u turn a few weeks back and have just got round to paying online when I done this I realised 2 mistakes regarding my registration number online there is a u instead of a v and an r instead of z does this void the ticket?

Thanks for the help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it was a fixed penalty, as far as I remember (haven't done one in years) the only thing that may void it it the court code. The cop will have noted the correct registration in his notebook and if he carried out a PNC check then the details will be there as well. The FP notice is just a chance for you to avoid court and if it went to court any mistake will have been rectified beforehand. As you have paid it anyway, it does not matter

No i have not payed yet jimmy, was about to but when on the court website my reg came up with 2 mistakes so have not payed yet also checked the slip I was given the u instead of v is quite easy to get mixed up but r instead of z is more obvious. To me this says when they have entered the details on the system both letters have been misinterpreted.

Sorry mate, I thought you had already paid.

Well you have the option to go to court with it, but as I've said when the cop presents his evidence he will give the correct details, and the ticket will not form part of his evidence. However it's your money, so your decision

Prior to stopping you he would have carried out a pnc check using your registration. If he had entered the wrong details then it would have shown up as something completely different, so would have asked a lot of questions there, therefore I would assume that his book will have the correct details

Back in 1981 my mate and I got stopped on his bike. He had bought his bike brand new, but the shop had provided the wrong number on the reg plate, so when we got stopped it came up as a volkswagen van (coincidentally, it was a stolen van) and me and my mate got detained back at the nick until the whole thing was settled.

Ok I see the pnc check was carried out with me in the vehicle was stopped immediatly, the reg plate was read out and correct I have only realised after seeing on the government website the wrong details but on the ticket it would be easy to mistake because of the handwriting.