New guy in Wolverhampton.

olly-1987
This post is 3887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there to all,

I have recently purchased a butt loads of DT125 parts and are currently in the process of trying to rebuild one.

I have a Honda CRM 250 as well (I know most of you will probably condemn me for this lol!).

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Edit:

I am having trouble identifying the year of the two engines that I have bought, if anyone knows a way of doing this I would be much appreciative if they could share their secret :). I have spent hours trawling the internet this morning!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Olly Welcome to the YOC, if it has 2 wheels and an engine your welcome here mate, don't matter what the badge says they are all the same, most of us have had Hondas at one time or another and probably found that they are good bikes both to own and ride same as the Yams. Can't help with your numbering problem tho, have you tried Yamaha UK to see if they might have your details? Otherwise add the details to your message and see if one of our resident guru's can perhaps give some advice on what you might have, lot's of DT experts on here 2 strokers are some peoples speciality.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Start a new thread in the workshop and post up the beginning of the 2 engine numbers leaving the last 3 digits of each as ***.

Whey! another local!, im just up the road from you at Cosford airbase :wavey:

ive got a DT50 nearing the end of its rebuild, so feel free to ask if you need any info :).

just for the record, nothing wrong with Hondas.

:welcome:

Thank's so much for the welcome guy's, upon inspection of the bike I have come to realise that the previous owner was a moron. I don't think it has had a service for years and I'm surprised it's not seized. It was pretty down on power when I took it apart. The oil was milky and grey, with metal flakes in it. It is a bit disheartening as I don't have the time or money to re-build both the Yamaha motor and my Honda. I have opted to choose the Honda as it's more suited to my size.

I may decide to give this another go in a few months, maybe as a project next winter. It's a shame as I am impressed with the reception I have had here and was looking forward to building myself a little supermoto commuter.

Thanks again guy's. Maybe I will be back in the summer if I persuade myself to buy an R1.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online