Virago shox

jimmy
This post is 3896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My boys 535 is showing signs of wear, in that the replacement shox the PO fitted must have been cheap shit and there is no chrome left on the rear shock springs. The yellowish (zinc?) coating is coming through and when left for a few days they develop a coating of surface rust.

So can I strip them down and get them re-chromed or would plastic coating be better. Anyone know if powder coating would do the job or would that just come off

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Jimmy my mate uses a product from a company called PLASTI DIP it's a plastic paint really tough and seals the part from all crud and the usual rust bug, it comes in all colours and is very hard wearing, he painted the inside of his car wheels and it's still like new a year later, a bit anal really but he loves his car. The address is something like plastidip.co.uk or just bung in plasti dip on Google and it should find it. Just an idea !!

• Like 1

Jimmy did you have any luck finding that paint?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online