XL185 Throttle sticking

mcferreira100
This post is 3879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been getting steadily worse now its revving high all the time. Applied some lubricant to the cable but hasn`t made much difference. Next step is to replace the cable but could there be a problem with the slide sticking in the carb?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes. Take the cable off the carb end and, twisting the throttle, see how easy the cable is sliding. Take off the carb and putting your finger in one end Lift the slide and see how that is operating.

My H2 was sticking last year,[ winter lay-up] the needles were gummy, poor fuel quality nowadays, took them off in october this year,there in the spare bedroom , :yeah:

I have a TL125 that sometimes has a sticking slide due to it being tightened more on one side than the other,

it maybe wort slacking the nuts off and tighten them up equally while twisting the throttle, if it binds , slacken

off the nut and tighten the other and work them up gently.

TTB

• 3 weeks later...

Something going on with the choke here..pull it out and revs drop..push it in and revs go thru the roof. This is from cold startup.

Ok..Adjusted cable all the way in by the grip and its better. So would think I gave some slack to allow slide to go all the way down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online