FZ250 electrical problems

fz250
This post is 3772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I'm in Japan riding a little FZ250.

Good reliable bike most of the time but I've left it sitting for a few months now unused.

I've running the engine about once a month but with winter I've been a bit tardy in my maintenance.

Now the bike battery is flat, so I was cranking the engine using cables connected to a car battery as the bike battery was flat.

The engine started cranking as usual, but it didn't fire. I tried again but suddenly lost all electrics (lights out & now power to starter). I checked the fuse but it appears to be OK. There's a little pin like button near the battery that's inside a clear plastic case that sometimes releases if there's a spike but that's still depressed. I'm at a loss of what to check next. Anyone?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
This post is 3772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.