Led lights

nick8788
This post is 3901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone. I have a 2002 xvs650, i was involved in a crash a couple months ago which broke the signals lights and some misc item on the bike. Got it all fixed up and replaced the turn signals with LEDs but now when i signal they all blink at the same time and its a faster blink. I know they are wired in to their correct wires but do i need to add some load resistors in the lines? And what would cause the hazard signal when selecting a directional

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep Nick you need to change the flasher relay with one for leds.Something like thishttp://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm

Nope, you need to change your dash light arrangement. The warning lamp on the dash earths though the dark side of the bike when using the indicators. Right ind flashing dash light earths left. The led will light using that little bit of power where due to the properties of electic, fillament bulbs wont.

You need some diodes or a relay for the dash light. There are some kits I think. Check with the indicator supplier.

Or if you have the skills tap into the output from the relay its self and fit a single earth on the dash light. Although till mot time, just pull the bulb.

For the fast flash you need load resistors to trick the flasher into thinking there is a bulb there. Some 15w ones will do, hook them across the positive and negative of the signal light wires. I had to do this when I hooked up LED flashers to the back of my bike, worked perfectly... Not sure about your hazard lights though...

Nope, you need to change your dash light arrangement. The warning lamp on the dash earths though the dark side of the bike when using the indicators. Right ind flashing dash light earths left. The led will light using that little bit of power where due to the properties of electic, fillament bulbs wont.

You need some diodes or a relay for the dash light. There are some kits I think. Check with the indicator supplier.

Or if you have the skills tap into the output from the relay its self and fit a single earth on the dash light. Although till mot time, just pull the bulb.

I just disconnected one of the wires to the dash bulb so that it only illuminates when switched left (or right, can't remember which). Not had any issue at MOT time.

They work really well on my DT400 even bearing in mind the 6 volt electrics. Flash nice and bright and at a consistent speed when at idle too.