Hi From Oldie in South Wales UK

Bradlo
This post is 3899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks

After 40 odd years of not riding, about 18 months ago I bought myself a virago go 535.

Although I don't do many miles on it I love riding it.

I'm now 61 and I wonder why I waited so long to get a bike again.

I went out for a ride today about 50 miles round trip in the winter sun, there really is nothing like it.

Look forward to enjoying your company on this forum.

Cheers

Stuart

(OK The topic title should read "in" South Wales not "on" South Wales! Just goes to show what an oldie I am!!)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Old or young as long as you got a smile at the end of the day..welcome on board

Hi stuarty" :welcome: Nice wee bikes the viago"s , you"l be slagged by the Draggys on here. so hope your tough skinned,, :spin2:

:wavey: Welcome aboard!

Hi Stuart, same age as you and still riding, it just gets better and better mate, nothing like a sunny day and an endless road to aim at, glad your back amongst us, welcome to the YOC.

Hi Stuart, you're only a whippersnapper compared to some of us "grumpy old gits"

I'll be retiring in April and can't wait til I get on the bike and go places.

I even had a text from my brother yesterday who is ten months older than me suggesting we meet up in April/May and he will be riding his R1

(and he's 65 already)

You never know, I might even venture into Wales, I was stationed in Brawdy in the sixties. Newgale was featured in the news recently due to the floods, for fifteen months the pub on the front was my local.

:welcome:

Welcome stuart

I'm the same age as you and I got a virago 535 after about 30 years off the road, lovley bike to ride and I really enjoyed riding it on some nice curvy roads to work for several years. unfortuantly when I came self employed and started to work from home (using my van) the bike ended up standing in the garage. Now that I am semi retired I'm back on the road but now have a XVS 1300 ( I just had to keep a cruiser) and am waiting for the frigging rain to stop so I can out on the road.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online