Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well giver a run and check the plug and pipe,sounds more like a cracked head ,head gasket or base gasket to me but you also have that water heated carb too right?

If you getting milky oil in the exhaust and on the plug dont run it long or for sure it will go BANG.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah it has the water pipes on the carb ill keep an eye on this oil situation tho because just before it stopped running i changed the oil in engine as it was really milky after i refilled it and took it a ride it died on me like i said above and when i atripped it down today there was next to no oil in it it wasnt visible in the inspection hole so were do u think the oil could of gone thats why iv changed crank seal today

Oil dissapearing = crank seal. milky gear oil = water pump seal.

But the eng should get hot enough to burn off the spark plug at least

Does anyone know if the sleeve is pressed in or cast in ,in this motor?

Well iv changed both those seals today so hopefully problem solved would the disappearing possibly milky oil be lost into the piston barrel though possibly causing the gunking issue or am i best to ride it and check plug after to see if its solved ill clean barrel and exhaust port 1st before i put exhaust back on

Not exactly sure what you asking,but clean it all up and then giver a spin,if your still getting milky oil in the exhaust and on the plug then you need to start looking at the other possibiltys of how it got there.

Iv cleaned everything up again id over oiled my air filter and jets in carb got gunked up iv put it back togeather with a new choke plunger aswell and guess what.......its running fine now cuts out wen warm with choke on and ticks over fine aswell no loss of oil and plugs clean so job done think it was probs a mix of problems crank seal and possibly faulty carb parts and me doing repairs lol but thanks guys for everything youv all been great ill let you no how i get on with it :D

Iv not changed head gasket or base gasket im going to do them when i change piston and rings next month just glad its working now cheers again guys your all legends in my eyes lol

• Like 1

Congrats good to hear you finnaly got it sorted,hopefully you learned that rushing the job just takes longer,and trying to fix something with missing parts just adds to the confusion.Happy riding Hitchy.

I still have an oil leak from somewere think its the sprocket seal though so easy fix and fuels coming out of overflow wen fuels on but thats probs my float level so there things i can do thanks for all your help guys id be screwed without this forum :)

• Like 1

Good on you for your doggedness. Are you getting it ready for Squires because you must be a 2 stroke lover by now and the sight and smell of 100 2 strokes pulling away for a ride out will get your nerve ends tingling.

Nope this oil thing is an issue iv filled it up and when i kick it level drops which is probs normal i assume but after several kicks oil inspection hole is empty after iv let it settle for a couple minutes but theres no visual signs of leaks any ideas guys and iv always loved 2strokes just never had 1 thats been an arsehole like this 1 lol

Nope this oil thing is an issue iv filled it up and when i kick it level drops which is probs normal i assume but after several kicks oil inspection hole is empty after iv let it settle for a couple minutes but theres no visual signs of leaks any ideas guys and iv always loved 2strokes just never had 1 thats been an arsehole like this 1 lol

the glass will show the oil level quickest with a warm/hot engine I expect, I wouldnt worry too much so long as you know the oil is in there

Iv put 2 litres init now tho a litre saturday and a litre today i was worrying it had non in it as i left it over night saturday and still nothing was showing in the inspection hole sunday after noon so i cleaned all engine today underneath and put another litre in (the 2nd litre) ill check again for leaks if non are visible wot do you recommend me check iv changed rhs crankshaft seal