Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3769 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Iv looked at the power valve when i run my finger up the top of the exhaust port were the valve is theres no lip between the head and valve it feels smooth no lips or stepping were the valve meets the exhaust port closest side to the exhaust but bevils out very slightly in middle of the power valve im assuming thats just because of it shape ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Iv looked at the power valve when i run my finger up the top of the exhaust port were the valve is theres no lip between the head and valve it feels smooth no lips or stepping were the valve meets the exhaust port closest side to the exhaust but bevils out very slightly in middle of the power valve im assuming thats just because of it shape ?

Yeah it looks and feels exactly like that i adjusted that yesterday because it wasnt smooth it was angled down so the valve was sticking out a little on the exhaust side of the port but its definatly smooth and straight now 100%

Good your learning but realy we are just gettin you to fix all the shit you left un fixed MUUUUHAAHHAHHAHAH

Serious though if you fix all the stuff you know is wrong then everyone here will help you get the rest sorted out there is only a few possibiltys of what is wrong most have been covered 2x

Lmao very true but in my defense i got the bike as a non runner and now its a semi runner so its a team effort now :P your the brains im the brawn and im gunna try get the seals tomorrow dt502001 if not its gunna be mid week :'(

Hi guys today i have replaced the misding washer and seal on the mix screw changed the idle screw and put new washer and seal on that aswell and i have fitted a new gasket to exhaust the bike is still only running with the choke lever lifted up and when the engine is hot the rpm starts at 1.5k then rises to 4-5k then if i blip revs its dropping back down to 1.5 then rising to 3k and settling there BIKE WILL NOT RUN WITH THE CHOKE LEVER PUSHED DOWN is that the choke off or on

Someone will say for sure but all my 2 strokes have the choke up for off and down for on. So down to start then up to turn the choke off.

Erratic idle still sounds like an air leak,

That might be right then dirtydt because when the choke lever goes down rhe bike cuts out but the lever drops in its own the bike is riding ok and it does idle at 3kish it jus raises slightly up to 4-5k and only drops if i blip revs and it drops to around 1k and i have to hold revs on slightly for it to sort itself out before it will idle again bike does ride well though apart from this small issue

Have a peek at this thread page 1 she has a good picture of the carb if your has the same type of choke then down is off and up is on basicaly look at the plunger attached to the lever if it is in then choke off out choke on.

While its a different bike might not hurt to just read all of her thread and see if anything might apply.

My carb is the flatslide mikuni style and im only assuming that choke on is lever lifted up which lifts the brass plunger up is that right and bike only runs and ticks over in this position but thanks for that thread dt502001 was very helpful with the carb set up video its just this choke position thats throwing me out at moment if this is choke on or off lol

Right" lets forget about the lever , The plunger" it seats down onto the choke jet, so lifting the plunger IS choke on.

Now if yours needs plunger UP to run, [after warm up] then your pilot jet is blocked, as the pilot runs engine from idle to 1/4 throttle

just look at the plunger, then you"l know -on-off position, this high rev business ,end blip throttle to lower revs is a worn cable, or sticky throttle body,

K with the plunger up then it's on,if it will only run that way then you haven't set the carb up right.

Flat slide ,round dosen't realy matter.You must have the pilot set to lean and the slide set to high. If you dont have a manual ask some one will know all of the basic settings

HAHAH black got here first,is your cable sticking at all? if not then go back and reset the carb to near factory specs they are just guide lines though no 2 carbs work the same on the same bike

Think iv found out now plunger up choke on down is choke off so bike is only running with choke on (plunger up) but bike is idling at 3k and rides in this position i just has the intermittent eratic idle now of it rising to 4-5k then dropping to 1k but it does settle and tick over at 3k after a minute or so of the revs being applied gently when choke is off (plunger down) the rpm rises to around 5k and bogs when you rev it then cuts out

All jets are defo clean iv had them out again today carb cleaner and compressed air in them all nice and clean i can see through all holes and it looks nice and smooth through all jets everything is tight and well sealed plus iv changed the orings and washers the rev cable is nice and free no sticking and the slide moves nice and free in the carb aswell