Dt175 idle issues

Goobsac
This post is 3911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello sorry if this Isn't in the right spot but I'm having some issues with a 78 dt175 that I purchased recently. I did some minor work to it new gas cleaned the peakcock took the carb apart cleaned it as well as I could(I plan on running a can of sea foam through heard it works wonders) and a new plug. It only starts and run with the choke on however it does start very easily. Also I can't give it any significant throttle or rev it at all really i tried manually moving the piston with my finger but the result is pretty much the same. I can't figure it out at all. Also it sputter oil out the exhaust like crazy

I'd appreciate all and any suggestions thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Moved to the classics section. Goobsac - you might consider saying hello in the new members section. It often helps get replies to questions.

Hi Goobsack, post a proper introduction in the New Members section!!

With that much oil coming out of the exhaust it means either your rings are fucked, or your valve seals. That's a lot of oil.... I'd have to guess a ring is broken and it's just firing oil up into the combustion chamber...

ERRUm Felix if you can find a valve to seal then your a mirical worker it's a 2t. and pretty much normal smoke for a cold 2t.

Finnish cleaning and setting the carb per specs it's not getting enough fuel.Pilot jet is pluged

ERRUm Felix if you can find a valve to seal then your a mirical worker it's a 2t. and pretty much normal smoke for a cold 2t.

Finnish cleaning and setting the carb per specs it's not getting enough fuel.Pilot jet is pluged

I was just guessin' :D

With that much oil coming out of the exhaust it means either your rings are fucked, or your valve seals.

Was just thinkin, i can see the youth of the future never knowing what 2strokes were, With Moto Gp now all 4stroke, Sad to think its the most powerfull engine CC/ bhp. and could have developed givin time,,,

Anyway, Get that pilot jet out & cleaned,

What do you mean Blackhat its still being devloped,just not for bikes unfortunatly.The new 800cc 2 stroke in the articcat make 160 bhp built by suzuki and uses 1/3 oil of the motors built 10 yrs ago.runs backwards at the push of a button to give the sled reverse 6 years ago the 1000 cc only made 160bhp.

It's just that honda want 4 strokers on gp and duck aint complaing,remember back whe if you raced anything but a aprila in 250 you might as well leave it on the trailer cause no way you were wining. 2 stroke technoligy was going to drowned out 4t and no way honda could have that 4t make up a much larger portion of their sales and R&D $$$$ had to be spent on 4t's the rest of the big 4 at the time of bike manufactuers were content to develope the 2 t into a clean burning motor with synthetic oils ..100 to 1 ratio is nothing now ,with nicasil coated bores, almost common to see 100:1 fuel injection is the ticket right now but direct fuel injection will rain supreem when they figure out how to recycle the oil and spray it at the bottom end. we all who know ,,know that a 2t is better because there is no oil in the way of the crank to spin freely or pressure to rob hp.

Just sayin BH that the game isn't over yet.

O BTW did you get your pilot jet out yet Goobsac it's the little one in the most foward position of the carb.When pluged the bike wont run without choke.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online