YBR125/XT125 parts interchangability?

wild foamy
This post is 3757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps,

Will have a new project in a few weeks, im looking to see if the XT125 engine and the YBR125 engine share the same parts, its the gear change fork on the end of the lever that i suspect is at fault, got a quote of £36 from my local dealer (probike, newbury) which seems a bit pricey imho

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

both bikes use the same bottom end parts but the ybr in the newer models have fuel injection and old ones use carbs the xt's engines even the newer ones use carb so the heads will be different

its the gear change fork on the end of the lever that i suspect is at fault, got a quote of £36

Yeh" and how much did that rippoff merchant screw groucho for ,,,and split the engine too... :eusa_snooty:

They didn't split the engine I don't think. They just took the side covers off. To diagnose the problem the engine would need completely stripping and they said it would cost hundreds and wouldn't be worth it,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online