Genesis owner from Surrey

Bioshock
This post is 3912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

I'm Daz, from Surrey and pick up my '87 FZR1000 Genesis on saturday. Always loved the Endurance style twin headlight look from the 80's and the FZR seemed to fit spot on. I've had lots of Yams over the years, starting with a Fizzy and taking in RD250's,350's and a cool old coffin tank 400 up to an early R1. I've taken a year out from biking after racking up 65,000 miles on my FZ6, using it as a 300 mile a week commuter all year round, turned it from my shiny pride and joy into a wreck and kinda jaded me using it for pleasure at weekends. the FZR, is strictly a toy and won't be pounding up and down the salt laden motorways!

heres a pic of the outgoing bike and I'll post up some pics of the new one on Saturday :icon_smile:

mercworldbike034.jpg

Cheers

Daz.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Daz welcome to the YOC, if that's your old bike then what the F does the new one look like?

• Like 1

Cheers for the welcome guys. :icon_mrgreen:

The FZ6 was a great little bike, with the old R6 lump.The pic was taken sort of mid way through using it in the snow, rain etc. the build quality was amazing, though it was pretty beat up when I let it go. rust had got on all the fasteners and without a hugger (to show off the 190 rear tyre!) the subframe was crusty. mechanically, it just soldiered on with the occasional oil change. amazing engine. I think they were from the 2001 R6?

The Genesis Thou is going to be just a standard get on and ride job. They are beginning to get scarce as stock so I'll just tidy it up and ride it. Though I have been looking at period race colours....

Hi and welcome to the nut house, a twin light geni 1987 havent seen one here for some time My buddy Mark had 1 back in the day turbo charged 100mph roll on wheelies

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online