Which performance/visual mods for a Dt 125 RE?

Monster Energy DTR
This post is 3737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new to this forum. I'm buying a Yamaha DT 125 RE soon (not sure which year yet) and I want to do quite a look of work to it, performance and visual. So I have a few questions. Can I put RFX levers on a DT? (Footpegs, gear shift, clutch, and brakes?). I will be putting a full DEP system on the bike. Can I have Boyesen reeds installed? Also other than the exhaust which derestrictions are there? I want to be able to get the best performance out of this bike.So if you can list some good performance/visual mods then I'd be grateful.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your insurance company will when you bang it down the road then your in a world of shit, at 17 they expect you to mess with your bike and the fact you have written it down on here will be noticed, there is at least one member on here who is an insurance underwriter so you just told him what your doing !!! I assume you want all this stuff to make it go faster and then of course you WILL bin it cos we were all 17 once as well and we have all destroyed one or more bikes in our time so no point in telling you not to, just keep it to yourself !!! Someone will know how to do the things you want just wait a while till they read your post and get back to you, hope you got deep pockets cos some of your parts list is not cheap.

Slice, money is no issue. When it comes to bikes I take pride in them. I've been riding since the age of 6 so I've been around bikes most of my life. I'm not a bodger when it comes to bikes, and any mechanical work my bikes need they always go in a shop to assure it's done correctly.

Whatever you do, you will need to tell your insurer to make sure you are covered. If you don't, then you will effectively be riding without insurance. If you are making more HP than your license allows, then you are riding without a license too.

I don't thing Slice inferred you are a "bodger", just that all of the mods may make the bike un-insurable for you or outside of your license restrictions. Getting caught with anything dodgy will put a stack of points on your license or open you up for someone to make a civil claim against you in the case of an accident.

What you do to your bike is down to you, just make sure you are 100% legal.

Sorry mate did not mean you would BODGE it just that anything you do to it had best be on the up and up with the Insurance company as they just love telling you that they are not going to pay cos it has been modified and they were not told, by the way ANYTHING is classed as a modification if it not original to the bike, Yes I know it's stupid but that's the way they work, so even if you change the exhaust from standard to a DEP system that gives no extra HP to the bike tell them as it is usually more expensive to replace than the original, NOT telling you how to spend your money either as it's yours and none of my business but just be aware that you can void your insurance even if it's just moving a few wires around under the headlight to remove the restrictions that it came with. I really hope you get the bike you want and it does it for you as the more youngsters that enjoy riding the better, us old farts will not be around forever and it's people like you that will be the next in line telling the next lot of nutjobs how not to do something, we have all been there so have fun and stay safe.

Check this thread you might find some tips to do that wont be so obivious.

Wasn't saying you called me a bodger Slice. Just thought I'd say that everything I have done to my bikes are done by shops. Most teenagers my age all bodge their bikes and act like twats on the road. I must be the odd one out. I actually tend to lose the L plates eventually, but I'm a DT lover so I'll always stick to the DTs which is why I'm looking for the visual mods aswell, insurance company will of course be told about visual mods, and the DEP system.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online