Picked the bike up today

DirtyDT
This post is 3735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done mate, have fun and stay safe

If you need advice on running it in, I'm sure grouchy can help you :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Haha I doubt running a monster in like that will bother anyone with the power it will deliver with using a 1/3 of the throttle. Now. compare that to a 125 4T. The power a 1/3 of the throttle produces on my WR is comparable to a Chinky 4T 50cc scooter.

Beautiful machine DDT, I love the gold forks. It looks like a mean beast. I bet your not disappointed with the quality either.

• Like 1

Yeh its been a freak winter, :ylflower: , weve no frost either,, were gettin a hellufa rain mow tho. All from Canada...deep lows pulling lots of water from Atlantic,,,,,

Newman" thats a bill-board of a number plate,,,, cool bike other-wise. :headbang:

As with a lot of naked bikes, definitely improves the look of the front end :)

Have you put many miles on her?

Smartens the front end that does,,, :jossun:

10 minutes to fit too, John.

As with a lot of naked bikes, definitely improves the look of the front end :)

Have you put many miles on her?

Cheers.

9 miles - If you look at the last picture the total mileage is under the large 0 (MPH display). I didn't get a chance to ride it today.

• 5 weeks later...

Still not run in yet but it is starting to take on the DirtyDT patina.

dirtyfz.jpg

The weather has been so bad that the chicken strips are still massive.

• Like 1

Well done mate, have fun and stay safe

If you need advice on running it in, I'm sure grouchy can help you :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

You know where I am, just give me a shout :)

Nice, you've got a right beast there. Don't forget to ACF-50 her.

Which tyres did it come fitted with?

I'll bear you in mind Grouchy.

Does it look like I am going to clean it? I prefer GT85 rather that ACF

GT85-L.jpg

Tyres are Battleax BT023's with a nice 180 on the rear.

Your killing me,, how can you let a brand new bike get that dirty???? My dirt bike looks cleaner

• Like 1

It's the salt and filth on our roads at this time of year DT - my bike looks the same. You can wash it and it's back to disgusting again in no time.

Hmmm hose's,scrub brushes,soap and water must be realy expensive your side then?? cause I have all at home and if my bike looked like that it would get a wash and dry.

If that represents the typical bike care then no wonder why everyone has so much trouble getting bolts out.

A car who cares but my bike's no way :eusa_snooty: .My car /truck a hammer lots of heat and anything can come appart ,,my bike's just simply undo and remove.

I'll bear you in mind Grouchy.

Does it look like I am going to clean it? I prefer GT85 rather that ACF

GT85-L.jpg

Tyres are Battleax BT023's with a nice 180 on the rear.

What's the differed between the two?

Price grouch"o hes a NHS cheapskate,, :ambulance::icon_cheesygrin:

How very dare you? The last thing I could be called is cheap. They pay me stacks of cash to wander around a couple of sites looking important. Every now and again some work breaks out but I soon put a stop to that. It only encourages people and if I let it go once they would expect some every day.

• Like 1

I had a letter reminding me to get the bike booked in for it's 600 mile/ 6 weeks service. Shamefully I have only just ridden 200 miles on the thing. I called the dealer and they said miles were more important than time so call them when I was close to 600 miles. I dont just want to ride up and down the M1 for 400 miles so I will get it booked in when I get some miles on it. I think I have the RD as many miles now.

• Like 1