Motorcycle Riding Books

feliks
This post is 3753 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

totw2gq9.jpg

So, I was given some advice to pick up a copy of "Twist of the Wrist II" - I have to say, it's one of the most informative and inspiring books about riding I've ever read! The way the book is written really speaks to you...it makes you go "oh shit, THAT'S WHY!!!" a lot...or at least, it did for me. I personally can't wait until springtime to try out all of the new techniques I've learned, like pivot steering (using your body as active suspension), keeping your arms bent (for more control), giving smooth and constant increasing throttle through a turn (for faster and safer turns), giving throttle in a turn as soon as possible (to transfer weight to the back tire for more grip)....finding and holding to a turn point, and that any turn point is better than no turn point, do one steering motion for each turn, not multiple, you should be able to flick into your turn, hold the line, and flick back, not turn, correct, turn, correct.... but don't take my word for it. PICK UP A COPY if you haven't already! There's also a video that I downloaded that goes with the book and demonstrates a lot of the techniques such as push steering (counter steering) and turning, throttle control, and more....it's great, the video is a little cheesy but the points get across.

Now there's my recommendation....do any of you have any good suggestions for reading material for the winter months on riding tips and tricks?

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No problem! I had a highlighter when I went through mine and I think I dried it up highlighting very useful tips... going to read through it a few more times I think so everything sticks and then apply the knowledge come riding season, when my bike is back together! :D

All the crap I was going throught with the XT, all I wanted was a Mr. Know It All. I could of done with you then.

fortunately im MR know it all, so will save myself £3.33p

just watched the vid on youtube via telly. some good info in there even though it was a little clunky. good to hear Julian Ryder in there though

ps just found a great way to search the tube on telly, by pairing up my mobile phone. easier to search and it send the play codes and everything to it

• 2 weeks later...

My book has come, had a quick flick through and it's very technical. Looks like I will be learning quite a lot from it and getting some questions answered that I have always had.

All the crap I was going throught with the XT, all I wanted was a Mr. Know It All. I could of done with you then.

In fairness grouchy, just about everyone was offering advice on your xt

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online