MOT Fail... b*llocks :(

wild foamy
This post is 3918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, took the trusty Pajero in for its MOT today...

after about 15 minutes the tester came in and explained the problems, went out to the ramp to have a look and the surface corrosion appeared to be more sever than i thought.

inner sills were completely shot (mud flicks up onto the sidesteps and rots it out), arches were gone and covered with just the plastic trim, chassis legs were rusted through over the rear axle/body mounts, what i thought was a minor leak of oil from the diff input seal turned out to be a ruptured breather from the diesel tank,

even put 2 new tyres and a reversing light bulb in it half an hour before the test, ended up taking it back to cosford and dumping it in the car park, transfering my insurance to the FTO to get me back home. only bought the car about 3 months ago so looks like im going to be breaking the Paj and getting something else, in the mean time it means i am without a tow car and with an XT and a scrap FTO to collect im up shit creek :(

looks like its going to have to be an 'imagination christmas' this year... sods law aint it? rant over.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

live and learn Foams, you know the weak spots now, so your well armed for the next one

Foamy go see a priest NOW!!! you need to get rid of the XT CURSE, sorry to hear about the Paj being a rust bucket at least you should get some money back if you part it out, if your stuck to get the XT why not hire a van? they don't cost a lot and you could probably get it into the back of a small van, not a tranny but something smaller, should cost no more than about £40 for the day rate hire.

• Like 1

Never thought about renting a van tbh, when i picked my Jawa up many years ago the guy i bought it from had it in the back of a citreon berlingo so the XT shouldnt be much bigger.

Gonna split this pajero out and get a chevrolet blazer :hyper:

Foamy go see a priest NOW!!! you need to get rid of the XT CURSE................

Oh yeh.................

...........why not hire a van.............

You will need to check what the minimum hire age is Foams.

bollocks, most of them wont hire to under 23s... i thought the whole world was supposed to open as soon as you hit 21??...

right, Plan C... would an XT fit on a train?.

• Like 1

Get your dad to hire the Van and spend some quality father son time, you'll need someone to help you in the van with it anyway

cos Grouch will be to busy crying

use that U ship auction where delivery peeps bid their price to bring it to ya.

Don't just go for the cheapest, check their history.

Yeh foams" them old Jap 4x4"s are about fecked now,,, :shakeno: , never look at nissans/ h-ilux/ troopers etc over ten years old,,, even seires2 discovery"s,,, thers a lot of big bills awaiting the last owners, :eusa_doh:,,

That why i stuck a galvanized chassis on my landy 8 years ago. copper brake pipes too. it will still be here when am buried, :jossun:

Good idea Drewpy, that makes a lot of sense, you can get a quote online and they collect and deliver door to door should cost about the same as a hire van.

You realy want head aches buy a trail blazer v6 the first thing you will need to do is the intake gaskets,head gaskets,then the evap purge selonoid in the gas tank as they all go bad,then the front wheel bearing,pit man arm and idler arm and ball joints, tie rod ends you can count on them being ducked every 40k miles.All chevs are bad for the pass lock going south and then you have to replace the key and pass lock together and reprogram it NO puter need to do it but takes 20 min for it to relearn and if you get it wrong then you have to start all over.Fuel pumps last about 90k and the fuel gauges are rarley accurate most show 1/8 of a tank and are empty.The rear brakes backing plat that holds the ebrake will be rotten(made from tin foil).ABS units last about 150k then the dump selonoid likes to stop working.The AC compressors only last about 100k and then eat the piston rings contaminating the whole system.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE chevs,and any thing the general builds keeps my bank account toped up.

Not sure about your army .but the guys here can get stuff shipped if a truck is going by and not full realy cheap

DT that's a really good idea !!!! Your on the forces use their resources???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online