Help establishing bike value?

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3942 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals,

As you may know, I got bashed off my bike a couple of weeks ago.
The wreckage has been inspected and given a Cat-C write-off (too costly to repair), with the recompense valuation being insanely low - I couldn't even buy half of an FJ with what the Glass guide supposedly says.

My own insurance obviously will be pushing for a payment that would get me a replacement vehicle, but needs evidence of actual market costs.

I'm having trouble finding many for sale myself, so does anyone know of any similar bikes going?

Needs to be an FJ1200 3XW model 1992 onwards, ideally with mileage around the 45K mark.

Many thanks,
Tasky.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

50p and a packet of ginger nuts?

same boat as you mate i cant seam to find any thats for sale close to what you got.

Sorry mate

If I was in the market I would pay twenty grand.(nudge nudge) Not a peny more mind....

Any help....

Tasky,

Very subjective to value a FJ1200. To the uninitiated or those that do not like a bike like that valuations will be low.

On the contrary a mint for the age and/or 'unfucked' bike will be worth 10 x as much to the proud owner.....or more.

The guy (ex colleague) I hooked up with a couple of weeks ago and who has owned one for 12 years valued mine at 1600/1800.

My purchase invoice will not help you because I paid silly money for mine + a bit of transport and that was still a silly price.

As Lallasro said 'the market' decides but then you have to find equal bikes to yours (I don't think I ever saw a pic of yours 'pre buttfuck' :-)

More than happy to share off the grid.

edit:

Can research some on the continent but that probably won't help for the UK market (steering is on the wrong side :-)

Would a Yammy dealer give you a written valuation?

Value of the bike is not so much the issue as value of replacing like-for-like, which is what I'm going after.
Currently, these things cost around £2200, on the market. If I accept what they offer, it's not even half that amount, so I'd be left out of pocket *and* without a bike.

I need a bike for work. This bike was chosen specifically for teh features it brought for that work use. They must replace what I had with as close a replacement as possible.

The guy (ex colleague) I hooked up with a couple of weeks ago and who has owned one for 12 years valued mine at 1600/1800.

3CV in good nick?
I'd expect £2100, or more.

steering is on the wrong side :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online