suzi rm 250 1998

up.yours
This post is 3855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Think you"ve got mice kev. :rolleyes: ..... It be a split the cases kev,,, all that alloy will have ingressed the mains and crank seals,,,

simlpe engine too strip tho..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 with BH the only way to do it is a full tear down,gona have a look but almost positive that the cylinder is Nic plated so no option of rebore and with the skirts smashed off it has to be a loose bore as AH pointed out ,,or the piston was run way to long.

from what he's told me they ran it way to long ,

if it's nickel plated how much is a new barrel and where can we purchase one..

Under the circumstances ...If it cant be re-bored because it's coated the cheapest option if the bore is good would be to only replace the piston, small end bearing and rings

Why not have a chat with these guys about it?

They have a barrel isted on ebay starting £200 but the list price for that one is £650 !,I think it's a later model

Crooks Motorcyles Ltd t/a Crooks Suzuki

36-44 Crellin Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1DY,

UK Tel: 01229 822120 Fax: 01229 870051

e-mail: [email protected]

Dt50 could be right" as the TS250A 1976 model had the nickasel lined barrel. :eusa_think: reeds were introdused then too, i will ask Gary jay

hes the DJ at squires meets kev, hes a susuki offroad buffin,,,he may hav a spare barrel, :jossun:

the link that newman posted seems the best at the moment john,

the main concern is if it's nickel coated or not,

i will ask him to get some piccis of the bore and post them here,

watch this space as he's out on the piss tonight and won't be sociable tomoz..

well here's the damage, what do you think..

1525441_1447811545439204_223752591_n_zps 1510470_1447811452105880_1224565087_n_zp one

I think that is broken Kev.

Follow the advice, the engine needs strippping. You can probibly get the barrel re-lined ( to do away with the Nickasil) at PJME.

Have a look here LINKY

These guys do a full kit for 300 us + 165 to install the sleve in the barrel http://www.lasleeve.cc/index.cfm?event=product.display&product_ID=8383

These guys do a big bore 265cc for 450. completehttp://kustom-kraft.com/SUZUKIKITS.html.

Bet he will be wishing he change the piston at the recomended service interval after he see's how much it's going to cost to fix now.

Theres dave in Bradford, Its deffo a nicosil coated all RM"s after early1980"s

Road and dirt performance bikes
Unit 4 the sidings leeds road
windhill shipley bradford
bd181bn
tel 01274 530282
email [email protected]

Read more: http://the2strokeforum.proboards.com/thread/2999/stroke-crank-rebuilds-rebores-tuning#ixzz2obljTDaT

thanks guys , i,m still waiting for him to get some piccs back to me of the bore.

the bikes round at his mates gaff and every time he goes down their they start drinking :shakeno: (kids eh) and nowt gets done..

theirs a guy in radcliff near here who rebuilds all the local off road / track bikes. he supposed to be getting a quote off him

and comparing it with my mate dave,

but keep the links comming guys as we may be able to buy the parts cheep or get stuff sent away .. cheers kev.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then?

Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then? Is it fixed then?

Thanks for the update!!!!!!!

• Like 1

im cringing actually ,,

his mates :shakeno: and him ,have decided it doesn't need a re-bore ,

as the bore feel ok (to them) as they run their fingers around the inside and it feels smooth :biglaugha: ..

anyway a piston arrived the other day and they have fit it with new rings and bearings, ( probably with a ball pin hammer knowing them lot)

so apparently , according to my lad , it is now sitting on his mates kitchen units :eusa_think: i bet his mates wife is pleased about it. :madflame:

oh it's also had the engine and casing polished to , im awaiting his honour to send them to me so as i can post them on here...

Lol

When the piston blew in my dt the bits get right through the motor. Big end and mains will drop next. Maybe through the cases if its really bad.

As for polishing the cases, wtf

i nearly pissed myself at these, :shakeno: polished my arse..

8206_1456482814572077_1282451406_n_zps28

note the kitchen unit. :crazy:

1497469_1456482771238748_1077081792_n_zp

guess how long it took to do this,

1536736_1456482934572065_1964573643_n_zp

and this,,, :eusa_think:1511780_1456482901238735_170524127_n_zps

45 mins :eusa_doh: .

here's the bad boy before it self destructed

,1488049_1456482981238727_1219250067_n_zp

• 2 weeks later...

well the beers kicked in and the projects been put on hold again,

, but he has bought this from america :crazy: it's a fmf fatty ..

1656303_1460006817553010_204744150_n_zps

and these off ebay.

1800491_1460006754219683_1163441674_n_zp

what a tosser he put em upside down..

he just got back ..

the beast is running , but it's over heating , they think it's the water pump impellers ..

VIDEO COMMING SOON ! .... with more piccis

well. ! their is that, andy..

anyhow here's the vid of it's first start up .. it's sounding a bit sluggish to me..

also after five mins on tick over it seems to be over heating..

the in your face is aimed at me from my little weasel of a son..

well here it is .https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1460320900854935&set=vb.100006311173397&type=2&theater

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online