suzi rm 250 1998

up.yours
This post is 3855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i know it's not a yam ,

my lads come back from the track , and told me it started lacking power then picked up then lagged again then his mate jumped on it and it kept on stalling in first gear.

then it got going then just died ,

after that, the kick start wouldn't kick (siezed i think )

he says the engine was red hot the air intake was roasting .

im told he thinks they put 250ml of oil in it (to much i think) and the coolant level was still full.

does it sound siezed to you and is their a quick fix ei three in one oil down the piston or something.

cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Need top end off to assess the damage, too much oil" :eusa_think: i doubt it kev ,,, too much air me thinks... :yeah:

Let it cool. Top end off, as John said, and see how bad it is. don't just cool it and try and start it - but I know you wouldn't do that kev, would you!!

had a mint ride out going from briercliffe down some lovely single track roads ,

stopped off at a pub on my way, coach and horse inn i think.

to meet up with above son , yes you guessed it , i didn't find him. i got lost.. :shakeno:

still, i put a hundred and ten miles on the clock and will be doing it again ... lovely countryside around their...and it was dry :jossun:

i almost came a cropper , over cooked a dip and a bend and hit a grass verge wobbled clenched arse , and a prayer kept me on.. :eusa_whistle:

i slowed down a bit after that :eusa_shifty:

how much will it cost him on average including labour.

About £100 for a rebore, piston, rings and gaskets. About £25 for just a rebore.

just had a quote :crazy: £ 350 for a rebuild . thats supposed to be mates rates..

whats your address newman . i'l pop it in the post... :thumb:

cheers newman i will pass on this info when he returns home ,

i think it could be to far away though .

i don't think him and his croanies will be doing the work , and im not touching the thing ..

You can post the barrel off but someone needs to take it off. You need to see if there is anything broken off the piston or rings first as bits may have dropped into the crank area and these will get into the bearings.

Is it road legal? If it is, and it has sat in your garden for a while, I might know someone who is interested.

too much 2 stroke oil is the same as a weak mix (less fuel)

Usually "if the amount of oil is that great. it will foul and not run long enuff, seen a can of fuel blood red [amount of oil,]

and young guy"s were wondering how sthil saws wouldn"t rev out,,,

You can post the barrel off but someone needs to take it off. You need to see if there is anything broken off the piston or rings first as bits may have dropped into the crank area and these will get into the bearings.

Is it road legal? If it is, and it has sat in your garden for a while, I might know someone who is interested.

it's a mx , off road only mate ,, he wouldn't sell it, as he want's it running again.

• 4 weeks later...

well here's the damage, what do you think..

1525441_1447811545439204_223752591_n_zps 1510470_1447811452105880_1224565087_n_zp 1483046_1447811598772532_1121078609_n_zp 1477612_1447811495439209_130254881_n_zps one of the rings are snapped but he tells me it hasn't scuffed the cylinder wall, :eusa_think: .

how do you go about washing all the debris out of the engine.

will the engine have to come out , or can it stay in...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online