hello all you experts

miffa
This post is 3967 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

known as miffa,ive been ruining perfectly good bikes for years, live in the black country,and need some advice please

no stranger to bikes but as far as 2 strokes go my knowledge is zero

just brought a dt175mx basket case so i can escape this winter from mrs miffa and her silly soaps ....what may seen stupid questions to you all stars are deadly serious to me ...

so heres the first few of many dumb questions to come

there's no 2 stroke oil tank/container fitted ,don't even know where on the bike it should be and what the tank connects to, theres a blanked off inlet on the carb??? what draws the oil ???? surely some kind of pump?????so when you amazing people tell me how to locate the pump ,how do i test it??????

and lastly for today where do i download the manual and parts book for FREE on the net

many thanks in advance miffa

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here are some dumb answers.

1) This section is for saying hello, not for asking questions. First post questions tend to get ignored on here. There is a workshop section for these questions..

2) Oil tank should be seen under the seat. It is a clear/white plastic container. If it is not there or not connected then the bike is probably running a premix (2 stoke oil and fuel straight into the tank).

3) The pump should be found behind the right hand side crankcase.

4) Links to anything copywritten cant be posted on the forum as it breaks copyright law and could get the site closed down, the site owner sent to jail or the risk of him being subject to a drone attack.

I would suggest that you start a thread in the workshop section. There are lots of 2 stoke lovers on the site and quite a few DT175 experts.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here are some dumb answers.

1) This section is for saying hello, not for asking questions. First post questions tend to get ignored on here. There is a workshop section for these questions..

2) Oil tank should be seen under the seat. It is a clear/white plastic container. If it is not there or not connected then the bike is probably running a premix (2 stoke oil and fuel straight into the tank).

3) The pump should be found behind the right hand side crankcase.

4) Links to anything copywritten cant be posted on the forum as it breaks copyright law and could get the site closed down, the site owner sent to jail or the risk of him being subject to a drone attack.

I would suggest that you start a thread in the workshop section. There are lots of 2 stoke lovers on the site and quite a few DT175 experts.

been on here for all of 5 mins and already in trouble.....so sorry mr moderator...but thanks for the welcome and dumb answers LOL

i will place the request for a life line in the for-mentioned section

and certainly wouldn't like the owner to go to jail but rather that than be attacked by drones all for downloading a manual ...seen them drones on doctor who and they aint nice

thanks miffa

No worries.

You have come to the right place for DT175 help so get the netiquette right and I am sure help will be forthcoming.

Oh yeh - don't run the bike before checking the oil pump is working, or is actually there. If you do make sure that you are running premix at about 33:1 so 33 times the petrol to 1 times the 2 stroke oil. I think most of us would advice fitting an oil pump if yours is missing as it makes the bike run better.

Hi there miffa" 2 strokes are simple little engine"s ...you"l easily strip them and build them in a day,, :welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online