Crank seals dt 125r

Dt rich
This post is 3860 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all I replaced the crank seals on my dt125r 1996 a little while back just for routine maintanace as was a new bike did not know if it had been done the bike has been running fine since then but now I have a problem I have another post on that so won't get in to it but could a worn right hand side crank seal make my exhaust port look like transmission oil if its not crank seal and u no what it could e please let me no many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mines never been really oily like this and allway run the same mix as don't trust auto lube system so premix my fuel also it ha started smokeing really bad white smoke never use to that much and also the whole exhaust smokes all the way from the u bend to the silencer adb it's never done that before its a dep pipe with no holes in

Are you using anything on the pipe? Wd40 or the like? Check your exhaust gasket as it sound like oil burning off the pipe. If you are not using gearbox oil then it can't be leaking.

I do wd40 it a little while ago so could be some left on it ad I have put a new exhaust gasket in it so that's fine it's got a really funny smell aswell that's what made me think crank seal on right hand side might be shot letting gearbox oil in and not to sure if loseing oil as I haven't had bike to long have it a oil change and only got 550ml out of it (750ml recommended) ill drain oil again and see if level has dropped at all cos I think I am right in thinking that if u put 750ml in 750 should come out as it does not get burnt is that right?

The gearbox may use a tiny amount. So measure it in and then see what comes out. If you spray oil (wd40) on metal ( the header pipe) and it gets hot it will burn off and smoke and smell, unsurprisingly, like burning oil.

Yer I will measure te oil again wen I got the bike I put 750ml in there so ill measure how much comes out also I did not think of wd40 as I had been out in it in rain since then obv not all burned off yet

Also check the water level. Has the water or oil got a white "mayonnaise" type substance in it?

If not the oil, or coating the exhaust, it could be the water with a gasket or water pump seal going/gone.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online