meta alarm replacment

Chris07
This post is 3968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help but here goes anyway, I recently had problems with my meta M53T disabling my bike (just as I was 100yds from home - lucky) , I want to remove this and put a new datatool S4, however I cannot find the information required to remove the Meta.

I have found and traced all the connections, the bike will turn over but no HT,

I have also fitted the new alarm ready but not much use without knowing which of the 9 all black yamaha wires need to be bridged to regain the spark.

Hope fully someone out there can help either by forum or PM as i go back away with work soon and i want to go for a ride around first.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I doubt very much if you will get much of a reply in how to disable a bike alarm on a R1. I suggest you contact a bike alarm installer and get the work required done by them.

If you plan to stick around on the forum, and we are generally a friendly bunch, you may want to say hello in the new members section.

You'd still be better off speaking to the maufacturer as they may need the exact model/version/serial number, have changed the wiring, have a quick fix or all manner of useful things.

That, or perhaps a professional fitter, who could then sort/advise on the Datatool as well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online