Halfords got 1/2 price socket sets

drewpy
This post is 3950 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They are early this year. They don't normally do this until a few days before crimbo.

I have some of their professional tools, including a socket set, as I tend to buy a different set - or 2 - each year when they have these offers. For the money; they are great. Especially at the current prices.

Great post Drewps!

Halfords own range used to be really good. I have some of their imperial thin wall sockets. I was trying to change a brake pack on a Boeing 737 Classic, there's a ring of bolts that hold these to the undercarriage. This particular one was seized solid. We put a six foot jack handle from the hangar jack on the end of solid handle and me a 20 stone colleage hung off the end of this, while a third guy kept his boot on the socket to keep it in place. It worked and the socket didn't break out. No one would offer their snap-on or Stahlwille sockets for such abuse!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah there stuff is pretty decent. i got a advanced set of 1/2"ers for ma 18th and a set of screwdrivers - nae to shabby, wrecked a few screwdrivers so far but all their advanced stuff has a lifetime warrenty

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online