Took carb off for clean and nowbike won't run

Mattblfc8
This post is 3869 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took the carb of for a clean to make sure nothing was blocked or dirty as the bike wouldn't rev or idle properly now I've put it back together and it wouldn't rev past about 5k and when throttle was held open it would just bog and die and now the bike won't start I checked the plug and it was black I gave it a bit of a clean and tried again but nothing any ideas what might have happend

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's dead Matt dig a big hole and bury it !!!! No really it might be an air leak or you have in fact got a fuel starvation problem, check to make sure that all the bolts are tight and the gaskets are not leaking first.

PS have you checked the crank case seals?

Big hole sounds tempting and I opened the left casing and was told to idle the bike and spray wd40 to see if the engine note sounded different but I couldn't really notice much different but I dunno about the other side and it does sounds like it's struggling for fuel

Black plug means it is too rich so needs more air or less oil. Take the plug out and leave it out for a while. Clean it. Re check the carb settings and how you fitted the carb back.

Well I took of the pipes and removed the carb from the airbox and the inlet took the bowl of gave that a blow out and gave the carb a blow out aswell and taking the main jet out and giving that a blow through and just put back together maybe I haven't got it sat right or a pipes not on quite right I'm not sure just wish I never took it off now

Thanks for the blow by blow account ;)

really need to use ultrasonic cleaning though, you may have just pushed crud further into the orifices

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online