At last I have an XT250

mcferreira100
This post is 3974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been searching for awhile but all of them are always too far away (not that there are many around). At last one came up in Cape Town so I snapped it up today as the guy had eight potential buyers.

The bike was stored for 10 years. She is running fairly good and idling but has a miss under throttle as revs go past 5000. He had the carb done by someone but maybe there`s still an issue there. Dent on right side of tank and showing some rust inside. Electrics work ok. Front mudguard not original and rear one looking ready to fall apart. Plenty work on this one to get rid of rust and weathering.

Anyway will strive to get her looking good within my budget. Happy to have pretty much complete collection together with the XT500 and 2xDT175`s.

ya79.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never knew the 350..not crazy about their shape. Think it only came after the my teenage years which is probably why I`m only really interested in the 77-81 era. The newer bikes don`t do much for me..I`ve seen the new XT250 classified as a girl`s bike somewhere (that would never have been said about the original). One thing that`s also got me thinking is the RD350LC. Might even consider swopping my GSR600 for one of those famous pocket rockets (fancy a 350 doing 200km/h). I remember the 2 bikes that really stand out from that time was XT500 and RD350.

Think it only came after the my teenage years which is probably why I`m only really interested in the 77-81 era. The newer bike I remember the 2 bikes that really stand out from that time was XT500 and RD350.

We must be from the same age group. I was never into the LC then but would love one now, but I've always been keen on the XT or SR500

Pic of the collection. Lots of work to do. Need to decide which DT must go. At least they all running fairly well.

b1sy.jpg

Nice collection there , there rear guards you can still find but the front ones are hard to fing in good nick,

TTB

Hey Tommy10..is this not a video of your 250? Looks like your collection there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B1WyTi4io0

Hey Tommy10..is this not a video of your 250? Looks like your collection there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B1WyTi4io0

Its Jacks bike my sons i have restored for him , early frame number 1981 model .

This was the video we did on the strip down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQZSn3XPHU

TTB

That bike hardly looked like it needed restoring. Wish I could work so fast.

That bike hardly looked like it needed restoring. Wish I could work so fast.

It did take 3 months but did need an overall on the top end , my lad also run it through the winter

so it needed doing after that.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online