Dt 125 gearbox flush/clean out

Mattblfc8
This post is 3872 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys I was wondering if there was a way to flush out my gearbox after having creamy oil from water pump seal being faulty I don't want to fix it all and put fresh oil just for any junk that's left in there to ruin it again any help appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They also do a motorcycle specific one if you want that as car ones have the wrong additives.

You got it, it tells you what to do on the tin.

Or you can just fill the gear box with Deisel fuel till it wont take anymore and shake the bike for a few min and drain it,let it dry over night with the filler cap and drain plug out.

Or you can just fill the gear box with Deisel fuel till it wont take anymore and shake the bike for a few min and drain it,let it dry over night with the filler cap and drain plug out.

Thats what I'd do it's relatively cheap, I'd run round the block a few times too to splash it around the gearbox....am i mad ?!

I would NOT suggest you run the bike at all, Nor did I......simply fill and flush!!!

Parts cleaner's are basicaly a form of Deisle fuel. or varsol.

I would NOT suggest you run the bike at all, Nor did I......simply fill and flush!!!

Parts cleaner's are basicaly a form of Deisle fuel. or varsol.

Wow nobody said you did dt, I didnt suggest that Matt do this either did I, you have to be careful suggesting such things. That's why I was careful enough to say 'If it were me' thats what I'd do...on a 2 stroke bike anyway ;)

Grovel grovel grovel. I think he might be ok with that now OG !!!!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online